ups units under Linux

Scott Howell s.howell at verizon.net
Sun Dec 11 18:42:06 EST 2005

Folks, do any of you know if any of the newer APC usb-based ups units
work under Linux? I see several packages that work with serial
devices, but no mention of usb, but I'm sure serial-based devices are
still around, but seeing as serial ports are limited generally to
one, I wanted to find a new ups that was usb-based if possible. My
old Best Power network appliance will being needing new batteries
soon and at about $300 for the batteries, well I think I can get away
with less ups at this point.

tnx