Problem installing Debian

Scott Howell s.howell at verizon.net
Sat Dec 10 07:01:43 EST 2005

Funny you mention problems with the Debian floppies. I did briefly
attempt to use the floppies and couldn't get them to speak on boot
either. I noticed it didn't really give any errors on the screen
according to my wife, but nor did it come up speaking with the normal
linux speakup_synth=synthname. I thought perhaps I had some bad
floppy images and I hadn't had time to dig into this further. Perhaps
there is a problem with the images?