Problem installing Debian

Sean McMahon smcmahon at usgs.gov
Thu Dec 8 15:02:49 EST 2005

The target for speakup on the speakup-enabled boot iso should be the following
command at the boot prompt
speakup speakup_synth=<synthname> where <synthname> is the string corrisponding
to that of your synthesiser.for the 2.6 kernel, you replace speakup with
speakup26
Are you saying that the speakup and speakup26 boot perameters don't work on the
iso?  I assume you've read the readme on the iso about the sbm or smart boot
manager which will allow you to boot from the cd drive of a system with a bios
which doesn't support booting off a cd drive?  Your space constraints shouldn't
pose a problem. I have debian on a system with less then a gig of space and 40MB
of ram.