Routing Multiple Inbound IP Addresses -- How?

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Thu Dec 1 15:19:11 EST 2005

I'm doing this on the Linksys WRT54gs using OpenWRT
(http://www.openwrt.org). This box is a combination wireless access
point and wired router. It's currently configured to bridge the wireless
and the four 10/100 ethernet ports, though it is possible to split them
up. The fifth RJ45 port is the uplink port. I've been using NAT on this
box since January quite well, but only on a port by port basis. Still,
I've been able to do things like send traffic incoming on port 25 to
192.168.x.1, and traffic on port 4569 to 192.168.x.2.

So, the box can do it, I'm sure. I have also gotten it to accept
multiple addresses on its WAN port. Unfortunately, I did not test any
further last night. Will try again this evening.