dectalk express upgrade revisited?

Karen Lewellen klewellen at shellworld.net
Wed Aug 31 19:47:00 EDT 2005

hi,
I believe I asked this than went out of town, so I will try again.
a while back some discussed the dtexp_us file which is on the gw micro
site and is a later firmware for the dec-express.  I must have missed
something in the  suggestions here, as for some reason while the install
program created the dtexp directory and copied the files, they did not
unpack completely, or some of them did not.
also, it did not find and test the dec express as the users guide
explained would happen.  in fact basicly it just created the directory and
copied the files over.
what i did was to take the dtexp_us.exe file and unpack it onto a floppy
disc, and use that disc to  install the software.  what have i missed?
can this actually be done with a floppy, or is larger space needed?
feel free to write off list if desired, as I know some have been
successful with this.
Thanks,
Karen