alsa module depmod errors

Christopher Moore w1gm at arrl.net
Sat Aug 27 14:58:32 EDT 2005

Hello,
I'm trying to build alsa modules for the 2.4.27 debian sarge system.  I
built my custom kernel and told it to build sound as modules.
Next, I installed the kernel-headers and alsa-source packages.  I built the
alsa-modules as a package, but when I installed it I got mucho depmod errors and
none of the alsa modules were  installed.

One possible solution would be to move to the 2.6 kernel, but I wanted to
avoid this due to the relatively slow speed of the machine.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Chris