verizon.net and speakup fc3

Dan Murphy mweeby at verizon.net
Fri Aug 26 02:03:33 EDT 2005

I have been able to get  the Roaring penguin client that comes with
Slackware 10.1 to work.
It uses adsl-start, adsl-setup and adsl-stop.
If your distro has the same client, try adsl-setup and see if it lets
you put in the parameters.  If so, then try adsl-start once the setup is
complete and see if you can connect that way.
I am currently behind a router which talks to the modem with PPP-O-E,
and talks to my machine with DHCP.
HTH.