Linux from Scratch

Arthur Pirika apirika at orcon.net.nz
Sun Aug 21 20:44:10 EDT 2005

Hi, just a note, I recently installed Gentoo, and noted that even though the
latest kernel (gentoo-sources 2.6.12r9) was last modified a few days ago, it
doesn't seem to have the latest speakup from cvs, with the new highlight
tracking.
I'm currently contacting the gentoo-accessibility team to see if this can be
fixed.
btw, if you would like to have braille access to gentoo, no prob. During
install, just use gentoo-nofb as a boot parameter on the cd, and have a
brltty binary at hand, as the current LiveCD doesn't have it. I'm working on
this with the accessibility team, though.
then after installation, just "emerge brltty", and you'll have the latest
stable (3.6.1) version.

thanks,
Arthur.