Is there a pc suite for linux?

Adam Myrow amyrow at midsouth.rr.com
Mon Aug 15 21:53:56 EDT 2005

Here is a link to a tutorial on getting a Nokia 3650 to work with Linux
over Bluetooth.  I suspect that most of the steps would be similar with
other series 60 phones.  I managed to get it working enough to send files
from the phone, but for some reason, I couldn't get it working the other
way.  I don't know about infrared compatibility, but I bought a USB
bluetooth adapter, and, at least in Windows, it works well.  As I said, I
had it partially working under Linux, but I then upgraded Slackware from
10.0 to 10.1, and deleted it all.  Maybe, I'll give it another shot in the
near future and see if perhaps, I did something wrong, but I think it
should be possible.  Bluetooth is nice, because, once set up, you can put
the phone wherever you like, and it can be pointing in any direction and
still work.  Of course, I strongly suggest that when you are done, you
disable the Bluetooth support on the phone, since there are a few viruses
which have been known to spread via that protocol.  I wouldn't be
surprised to see a Norton Antivirus for cell phones in the near future
since Symantec seems to be willing to make a little money off anything.

As I recall in my previous experiments, the biggest problem I had was with
UDEV in the 2.6 kernel failing to create devices until I had echoed
something to them.  I don't know if this is still an issue, but this
thread has made me want to give it another shot.  Anyway, the URL of the
tutorial I used for my previous attempts is below.
http://www.saunalahti.fi/~laakkon1/linux/3650_blue.php
Hope it is at least a little helpful.