speech-dispatcher-0.5 and gcc4 (was: Re: Source tarball for SpeechD-Up available)

Hynek Hanke hanke at volny.cz
Sun Aug 14 08:07:04 EDT 2005

> I'm wondering about speech-dispatcher and gcc 4. At least, I think
> that's why I'm getting the following compile error. If so, are there any
> plans to support gcc-4? Or, is this something else?

Yes, this is a problem of compiling speech-dispatcher-0.5 (and maybe earlier
versions) with gcc4. It's fixed in the CVS, however, I don't recommend to
install the CVS version for ordinary use if you don't plan to help
testing/debugging -- it's just not as widely tested as an official release and
therefore may contain bugs.

So for now, I recommend you to compile speech-dispatcher-0.5 with an earlier
version of gcc. speech-dispatcher-0.6 (when it's ready) will work fine with
gcc4.

With Regards,
Hynek