Mutt And Downloaded Archive Files

Gregory Nowak greg at romuald.net.eu.org
Thu Aug 11 17:09:14 EDT 2005

I don't know if this would help you. However, back when the full raw
mbox archive was still available, mutt wouldn't read that either. My
solution was to open the mbox file with mail(1), save it, quit mail,
and then mutt would open it just fine.

I don't know why this worked, though I suspect that mail added a From
line to every message in the box, but I don't know for sure. Hth.

Greg