A question.

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Tue Aug 9 10:40:17 EDT 2005

You need to tell us more. We cannot answer your question without knowing
what boot loader, what distribution, what method of kernel upgrade.

With only the information you've provided, the best that can be said is
that you CAN have your old as well as your newly installed kernel
available at the boot loader. You would simply select which to boot.

In fact, that's recommended procedure. Don't ever throw out what is
known to work until you know the new thing also works.