Walmart Linux computers

Jim Grimsby jimgrims at pacbell.net
Sat Aug 6 19:32:46 EDT 2005

Hi,
What version of linux do you want on it.
Do you want to install linux your self or have some one do it for you
and have it come up as soon as you turn it on.  If you want the later
then the best thing to to do is ask on list who would be willing to put
together a computer with the disto of your choice and put speakup on it
and get it ready for use with the synthesizer of your choice.
For example if you wanted debian with speakup I could put such a system
together for you.  I could also provide the 14 install cd's with the
computer.  Never sold any computers packaged this way but it is the
Altamont goal I have.
A donation would then be maid with some of the money I make to the
speakup project.
Now if you want a fc3 or 4 system then some one else is going to have to
help out there.
That gives me a good idea maybe on the speakup page a list of companies
or people that would be willing to provide this servus should be
included.
Hth