CVS Updates - was default speakup for Debian Sarge

Kirk Reiser kirk at braille.uwo.ca
Thu Aug 4 14:27:53 EDT 2005

Hi Steve:  We cannot maintain compatability between speakup with the
new 2.6.12 kernels and the old kernels because of major console
changes in the kernel.  For that reason the speakup-2.0 tar ball is
the definitive answer for 2.4.xx kernels and kernels before the 2.6.12
release.  I will no longer be supporting any kernels prior to 2.6.12
and have already started ripping out 2.4.xx support.

I just made the first check in to cvs in the past three months so you
should have received a cvs update earlier this afternoon.  The link
between cvs and the mailing list is very unstable and I'd like to find
a better way to do automatic mail outs of cvs changes but am not sure
how to do that just yet.  Ideas are welcome.

CVS will probably be quite a hit and miss over the short term.  I am
adding code in submitted by the folks at APH and am starting to to
some long overdue clean-ups and extensions.  I will try to not check
in broken code but sometimes that's hard to avoid if I just plain miss
something.

  Kirk

phone: (519) 661-3061