Source tarball for SpeechD-Up available, please update documentation

Hynek Hanke,,, hanke at volny.cz
Thu Aug 4 09:38:25 EDT 2005

Hi everyone,

because more people here had dificulties with installing SpeechD-Up, much of it
related to the automake/autoconf tools, I made a distribution tarball which is
now available on the distribution site
	http://www.freebsoft.org/speechd-up

This eliminates the autoconf/automake tools. They are not necessary when
compiling from the tarball and it's not necessary to run build.sh (it's not
even recommended).

I've also updated the documentation for this purpose and I've written a short
instalation guide for the whole combination Speakup/Speech
Dispatcher/SpeechD-Up involving checks after each of the instalation steps. For
this purpose, I've also added a -p or --probe option to speechd-up which causes
speechd-up to do everything as usual, but doesn't try to connect to Speakup (so
if this works, you know the problem is in the /dev/softsynth device).

Also, please be aware that the speechd-up binary is now finally with the dash,
not underscore, like before.

Please, update the HowTos written so far about Speakup instalation with a link
to http://www.freebsoft.org/pub/projects/speechd-up instead of the description
of how to fetch it from CVS and with the hints given in SpeechD-Up
documentation (you can find this online too on the above site).

Thank you,
Hynek Hanke
www.freebsoft.org