authentication in exim4, problem solved

Charles Hallenbeck chuckh at hhs48.com
Thu Aug 4 04:21:19 EDT 2005

It turns out I was not entirely innocent of typos after all. Although I
am not entirely sure why this should be the case, there was a line in my
Sid exim4 config file that was commented out, and when I placed it in
the equivalent Sarge file I had not included the hash mark, so it became
active and prevented the authentication from working correctly.
Commenting out that line allowed it to work, and so a flood of test
messages from my Sarge box to my Sid box took place. The line was:

AUTH_CLIENT_ALLOW_NOTLS_PASSWORDS='true'

But you can still get downloads from http://www.mhcable.com/~chuckh