speechd-up errors revisited

Charles Hallenbeck chuckh at hhs48.com
Tue Aug 2 07:59:46 EDT 2005

I am working in a Debian Sarge environment and am trying to build
speechd-up, but cannot get rid of this compile error. I have the static
flite libraries installed, and my automake is 1.9, but the "PIDPATH" is
shooting me down. Here is the error:

hostname:/usr/local/src/speechd-up# make all
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.     -g -O2 -c speechd-up.c
speechd-up.c: In function `main':
speechd-up.c:421: error: `PIDPATH' undeclared (first use in this
function)
speechd-up.c:421: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only
once
speechd-up.c:421: error: for each function it appears in.)
speechd-up.c:424: error: syntax error before string constant
make: *** [speechd-up.o] Error 1

This package compiles fine on Debian Sid, but fails on Debian Sarge. If
anybody has any clues, I would sure appreciate it.

Chuck

But you can still get downloads from http://www.mhcable.com/~chuckh