gnopernicus talking some here

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at shellworld.net
Sat Apr 30 17:01:03 EDT 2005

After having run a script supplied for the purpose of configuring fc3 so
when X comes up gnopernicus will berunning, I found telinit 5 works and
also found startx does not work.  telinit 5 is fine for root access but
won't work for user access.  For that reason after saving new stuff copied
down for the system I'm going to try a reinstall of fc3 as a desktop
workstation type then run that script again to see if startx will then
work on that new system.   As things stand, linux does not probe my video
monitor and attempts to startx only error out since linux thinks my
monitor is set up incorrectly.  Will let you know what happens when I
know.