quick question about gentoo

David Bruzos david at bruzos.org
Sat Apr 30 13:29:11 EDT 2005

Hi everyone:
I tried Gentoo and I love it.  It is definitly another level of nerdism!  However, there is something I want to do and I
have not figured out how.  I want to download all of the currently available packages and their dependencies to my system.
I tried using rsync to mirror the gentoo distfiles, but there are too many versions of each package and I had to stop the
download after 14.5 GB!  I just want to download the current stable packages and their deps...  I think I could use "emerge
--fetchonly", but I don't know what to specify for the package...

TIA

David B.