help with a speakup installation

Kristoffer Gustafsson skeeter at allmail.net
Wed Apr 20 17:23:40 EDT 2005

On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 15:55:28 -0500, "Gene Collins"
<collins at gene3.ait.iastate.edu> said:
> Hi Kristoffer.  I would suggest you read sections 7 and 8 of the Speakup
> User's guide.
>
> If you have checked out Speakup with in the last 2 weeks or so, then the
> guide will be in the Documentation/speakup directory of your kernel
> source tree.  The file name is spkguide.txt.  The Speakup User's Guide
> is also available in the speakup-2.0.tar.gz tar ball from
> linux-speakup.org.  It is also directly available on the web at the same
> location.
>
> Gene
>
> >Hello!
> >I need some help with getting speakup working with my system.
> >
> >I have sucsessfully patched the speakup patches into my 2.6.11 kernel,
> >and I have compiled it with my speakup drivers built into the kernel.(I
> >want speech almost directly)
> >
> >I want to use festival with speech dispatcher, but how I shall do is not
> >very clear in the documentation of dispatcher.
> >I have read that but it says that I shall edit some server settings for
> >festival and download some package and compile festival lite as well.
> >I have already compiled festival lite, so that step is fine.
> >
> >I have installed festival as well. with cepstral david as my default
> >voice, and it works well.
> >
> >so can you explain step by step how I shall do and what and where I
> >shall edit in plain english, so that I can understand it.
> >
> >also, I want the tuxtalk module file.
> >I can't use cvs since I don't have internet conection on my linux box.
> >can you e-mail me this file?
> >
> >thanks in advance.
> >/kristoffer
> >=A0Kristoffer Gustafsson
> >Sols=E4ter M=E5nstadsv=E4gen 3
> >51453 M=E5nstad
> >Telefon: 0325 42093
> >Mobil: 073-822 64 73
> >E-post:
> >skeeter at allmail.net=20

Hello!
I have already read these sections and downloaded the packages I need.
The trouble I have is to install speech-dispatcher.
I have read the documentation and it is not very understandable. it only
says that I can use festival and that it is recomended to do so.
Then the documentation mensions some server settings that needs to be
edited in order to run dispatcher with festival, but I'm not told how.

so, I need some help with this.
/kristoffer
 Kristoffer Gustafsson
Solsäter Månstadsvägen 3