[debian] speakup install and making a 2.6 kernel deb

Sean McMahon smcmahon at usgs.gov
Wed Apr 20 15:42:54 EDT 2005

In the past when I've built kernel debs, I just used the checkout script to
apply patches, run make config, ran make-kpkg clean then ran make-kpkg to make
the kernel deb.  The speakup installation file on the speakup site says to run
make mrproper.  This step is not done in the checkout script.  Is it necessary
to run make mrproper if I install from the new 2.0 tarball assuming I'm building
a 2.6 kernel deb?  I've never had to run make mrproper for a 2.4 kernel when
building a kernel deb.  However, the installation guide says to run it before
rather then after running the install script for 2.6 kernels.