help with a speakup installation

Kristoffer Gustafsson skeeter at allmail.net
Wed Apr 20 13:26:59 EDT 2005

Hello!
I need some help with getting speakup working with my system.

I have sucsessfully patched the speakup patches into my 2.6.11 kernel,
and I have compiled it with my speakup drivers built into the kernel.(I
want speech almost directly)

I want to use festival with speech dispatcher, but how I shall do is not
very clear in the documentation of dispatcher.
I have read that but it says that I shall edit some server settings for
festival and download some package and compile festival lite as well.
I have already compiled festival lite, so that step is fine.

I have installed festival as well. with cepstral david as my default
voice, and it works well.

so can you explain step by step how I shall do and what and where I
shall edit in plain english, so that I can understand it.

also, I want the tuxtalk module file.
I can't use cvs since I don't have internet conection on my linux box.
can you e-mail me this file?

thanks in advance.
/kristoffer
 Kristoffer Gustafsson