Just installed Debian

jim grimsby jimgrims at pacbell.net
Wed Apr 20 10:50:16 EDT 2005

To use speakup in Debian with a 2.6 kernel, you will need to build the
kernel yourself.  There aren't any official Debian 2.6 kernel packages
with speakup.
Well do you have a unofficial one?
If so it would be helpful just to be able to get it from the speakup
sight and run dpkg -I package name to install. Thus allowing for keeping
track of it in aptitude having it setup the grup loader having it ask
witch should be the default synth not having every user have to build
the kernel from scratch.  The next remark is going to be if I like this
idea so much then why the hell don't I do it?  The answer is I am still
learning and getting comfortable with linux after 13 years in windows so
if no one else does it I will afenchualy do it one day when I get
comfortable doing it.
It just seemed to me that we have enough debian users out there to be
worth whiled.  We have rpm kernels so why not deb packages as well.
Hth
I us