parallel port not working

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Mon Apr 18 17:02:13 EDT 2005

Well, you may have blown my up coming suggestion but I'll throw it out
anyway.  Might wanna check your BIOS setup to be sure the port isn't
deactivated some how.  I bought this mother board last fall and when I
got around to trying it under linux I saw the same messages in the
kernel start up messages.  Once turned on in the CMOS settup, I got a
parallel port again.  Though in my case, my windows 2000 environment
didn't originally see this port either.  You said you saw it in windows
so I don't know what further to do.