FreedomBox

jim grimsby jimgrims at pacbell.net
Mon Apr 11 15:45:52 EDT 2005

Hi,
Well even if speech-dispatcher is not a option eflite standing for emacs
flite should be a option.  It is a emacspeak server quite easy to
install under debien work with emacspeak and yasr.  Considering the fact
that freedom box runs under gnome it should also be able to use
gnome-speech so one of thoughs options should be possible.  This would
also give it access to the cepstral voices.  They sound very nice by the
way.
Conversation about the ceo of the company are sort of beside the point
here.  I also must note that mat did not respond to any of my original
questions when I posted them to the list a few days ago.
Hth