FreedomBox

Kenny Hitt kenny at hittsjunk.net
Mon Apr 11 01:29:20 EDT 2005

Hi.

On Sun, Apr 10, 2005 at 09:21:14PM -0500, Matt Campbell wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> the first to know about it.  Remember, I'm currently Serotek's only
> programmer, and their system administrator.

Good.  Then you should be able to finally take me off your list for
good.  Right?  The mail address you're spamming is:

kennyhitt at knology.net

> As for speech-dispatcher, the interface seems to be *too* simplistic.
> As far as I know, speech-dispatcher can't send any notifications back to
> the application, which would enable the app to move the cursor during a
> continuous read or play an audio file when the current utterance is
> done.  Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I haven't used those features, but the docs seem to say they are
possible.

> Also, we have never required that you buy dial-up access from us.  If
> you already have an Internet service provider, be it dial-up or
> high-speed, you can simply pay $9.95 per month or $99 per year, plus a
> one-time $25 activation fee.  This has been true for years.

I talked to you on the reflector when I couldn't just sign up for yearly
service, and you told me something like "you are the programmer and that
was a web site problem.  In case you don't remember, the sign up form
would only let me have basic service along with dialup for $200.  I was
using Freedombox to try to sign up at the time.
The form would allow me to pay for more expensive products, but not for
just yearly service.

I think this thread is going no where, so I'll stop responding.  If your
customers are happy, fine.  I'll stick with my current system.

          Kenny