FreedomBox

Keith Watson Kwatson at smed.yi.org
Sun Apr 10 11:21:19 EDT 2005

Cheryl,

OK, so I have never had and never will have a use for anything
that company has to offer. The biggest and most compelling reason
is because of their marketing tactics. The only way that they
could have possibly sent email to a particular email address that
I have is that they got it from a PRIVATE, note the caps, beta
list that I am on. PRIVATE means private and for them to have
gotten my email address they had to be on this list as well. This
goes against the rules of the list and is quite rude. I would not
expect spam from a PRIVATE beta list and I should never have
received any, yet I did. This is only one of the reasons that I
will never use them.

Oh, and if you don't think that they are tracking your surfing
habits, look up the definition of a proxy. As soon as you log
onto their service you are logging onto a proxy. This means that
they can dictate where you go and also track your movements. Matt
may claim that they are not doing any tracking, but from past
experience with others in the company I have no doubt that it is
being done, whether he knows about it or not.

Just my two cents.