FreedomBox

Farhan i.am.farhan at gmail.com
Sun Apr 10 11:08:15 EDT 2005

wow, can you say paranoid... with how little the blind computer market gets exsposure. no less the linux one you should be happy about that...
on 4/10/2005 chomiak at charter.netCheryl Homiak
said
Kenny:
How would emails received be some kind of evidence that you are being
tracked? Obviously, freedombox has no way of knowing that you are not
still using this product, so of course you are still going to get emails.
to me this is evidence to the contrary: you are not being tracked and
nobody at freedombox has the slightest idea whether you are using their
browser or not. And of course the problem with just buying the software is
that you aren't going to get updates--I don't know whether that's why your
browser stopped working or not but it's a possibility.

As for emails, I see no shame in mike Calvo informing customers of the
need to expand and offering some incintives for people who bring in more
customers. He's emailing people who, at least as far as he knows, use
freedombox and, with the small customer base fb has, I can hardly imagine
that anybody is raking in money hand over fist. My only regret is that I
have no customers to refer. Have you written to freedombox and asked them
to remove you from their email list?

--
Cheryl