problem with Alsa and surround sound

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Thu Apr 7 15:59:36 EDT 2005

Even though I have an old SB Live here, I can't give you specific
pointers just now. But, I think you should be aware that many, if not
all, of the alsa dirvers are still very much in flux. This isn't to say
that things are not usable, just that you may need to twiddle, and you
may need to get a newer version of the libraries and/or the drivers and
utilities.

I haven't been tracking the sb live chat on the alsa-developer list,
even though I sort of monitor the list. I have noticed quite a bit of
discussion recently about the sb live, which is why I'm leaving this
message for you.