Stradling Cultures--was: "Re[2]: A easier way to create cd's using easy cd creator"

W. Nick Dotson nickdotson at bellsouth.net
Thu Apr 7 14:39:23 EDT 2005

Didn't mean to imply that there was a pausity of docs, conversely, some just "rtfm" but don't give a clue where for the
problem being queried about.  Janina almost always gives explicit directions to where and what, especially to We Green
Horned Newbies.  I was indeed, making the parallel between Amateur radio and other services, and the two divergent
styles of Elmering.  And Bill and Janina are exemplars of the type of Elmering I saw here in Pensacola from the many
older ex-millitary types, who'd come over skull, practice CW, or help you delve into the innards of a rig without killing
yourself, or destroying the rig because you were too eager and didn't take a precaution Etc.  It's just that there will have
to be a more formalized approach to teaching, structuring FAQS and Tutorials to the non-programmers if the OS is to
become a mature tool for blind user's who now have few alternatives to Gatesian hegemony.  Many of us coming in
have neither the backgrounds, nor the rest of those attributes I alluded to in my previous post, and I guess I was
objecting to the laconic abstruce often encrypted responses that don't teach the inquirer until he's been through several
representations of his/her problem, and someone either condescends, comes to a noble rescue, or, loses patience and
helps despite their predelections against hands-on in the mud (no pun intended) teaching.

Nick