configuring elinks how do I?

Justin Ekis jekis at fastmail.us
Wed Apr 6 18:30:15 EDT 2005

On Wed, Apr 06, 2005 at 05:16:48PM -0400, Lorenzo Taylor wrote:
>As for the URL you gave?  elinks gave me a link to www.npr.org/programs/waitwait
>or something similar, which I clicked on and the page with the listen link came
>up.  Links2 took me to this page after confirming that I really wanted to let
>the javascript redirect me to the URL.  However the "Listen to the show" link
>does nothing at all in either elinks or links2.

It works for me in elinks. I get a dialog box asking what program I want
to use to open a file. You'll need MPlayer or something else that can
handle real audio streams.
I've been hearing that elinks Javascript support isn't very good, but
it's been working quite well here for quite a while now. I follow cvs
though, and maybe the stable 0.10 releases aren't getting the new
JavaScript stuff. I have procmail trash the commit messages  for the
stable branch so I don't know what's been going into 0.10.x.
It seems strange to say that development code works better than stable
releases but for now as far as JavaScript goes that seems to be the
case.

If you feel like it, try checking out cvs head. The debian packaging
files are all there too so it's almost as easy to build. You'll need
automake and autoconf though. If 0.10 is as bad is it sounds you'll find
a huge improvement I think.
Hope this helps.