Boot prompt

jim grimsby jimgrims at pacbell.net
Wed Apr 6 12:52:22 EDT 2005

There is no inconsistency here.
Was not implying one on your part.
The Red Hat 9 manual knows nothing about Speakup or installing the
Speakup Modified. So, it tells you how to start a text install on
screen. It will happily do that for you, but you're going to be
unsatisfied without Speakup, I should think.
Of course! The point here was not to debate how to start speakup.  The
point here was to insure that the word linux was not needed. I thought
the directions were wonderful in the howto and am going to follow them
to the letter trust me on that one.
Now, please tell me. Do I need to protect you from this kind of
confusion in the HOWTO?
No I would not think so.  I mean if you got a lot of users who were
asking this question then you might want to point it out but it sounds
like I am the only one at this point who has asked the question.
Another reason I asked is my pc has a broken pc speaker that I have been
to lazy to replace so when I first tried the commands the first few
times the boot timed out.  So nothing was happening when I was issuing
my boot command.
Text speakup_synth=acnts
So I remembered that the redhat guide witch was infroant of me said to
type linux before text.  Instead of trying it out like I guess I should
have done I asked just to verify that I was doing things the right way.
As I said when I said there was an inconsistency I ment that both
manuals said the inisal command to get a text install was slightly
different this was not a gritasisom of your howto  or anything.  This
was just a request for clarifications.
Thanks