strange behavor

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Tue Apr 5 11:54:01 EDT 2005

Are you sure yum didn't upgrade your kernel to a kernel that doesn't
have Speakup? That's what this sounds like.

Go get the latest Speakup Modified kernel and rpm -iv it. Make it your
boot default.

To avoid such things in the future, put an exclude kernel* statement in
/etc/yum.conf. You don't want yum messing with your kernels.