getting off my windows dependency

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Mon Apr 4 21:32:42 EDT 2005

Hi, Sergei:

Oh, I certainly agree that programmers should keep our needs in mind.
Unfortunately, they need also to keep in mind the needs of people who do
not hear, the people with no hands, the people who tend to flip chars in
words, etc., etc., etc. There are many many kinds of disability, and
accessibility is about all of these, not just blind braille users, or
blind speech users, or low vision people, etc., etc.

That's why it's important to develop clear ideas of responsibility, and
to make sure that accessibility support is both thorough and
sufficiently generic.