getting off my windows dependency

Sergei V. Fleytin fleytin at yandex.ru
Mon Apr 4 11:15:10 EDT 2005

Hello, Janina,

JS> Why would browsing by line, word, or char be a browser feature? It
JS> seems to me such functionality is the responsibility of the
JS> assistive technology, not the browser.

Janina, I agree with you in general, but in my opinion it is not a
very bad things when developers have our needs in mind. Those of us
who used DOS operating system in the past should remember how many DOS
applications included support for blind users and therefore made our
life easeire even when some of us used screen reader with very poor
functionality. Therefore I am very pleased that some of the linux
developers follow such a good practise.

--
With best regards, Sergei.