Mutt or pine and best configuration to use?

David Csercsics david at really.isa-geek.net
Sat Apr 2 08:25:19 EST 2005

I use neither Mutt nor Pine. I like NMH personally. If you're looking for something that's a snap to set up or configure then you probably don't want to use NMH unless you're willing to read through some docs to get the setup that you want. I like it because it is great for handling large amounts of mail and great for programming. I like the fact that you can use all the shell functions and utilities to help deal with your mail. So the interface is very simple and yet very complex at the same time. Configuration for the most part is not so bad either so long as you don't intend to alter files that need format strings because NMH's format xstrings are not for those who dislike reading large manpages. On the other hand once you have things set up the way that you like then you're good.