Backing up multiple user data

Jack Mendez wiler1 at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 29 19:43:34 EDT 2004

okay but we were talking about preserving the permissions of the data, user
accounts do not need to be on the system the files are going on too in
order for the right permissions to be on them, in fact, if its just about
storing the files elsewhere gid and all of that gets retained even of those
id do not exist on the system