battery on notebook

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Wed Sep 29 13:56:04 EDT 2004

Sure is, and probably installed by default.

The capslock key becomes the Speakup modifier. The rest is a la pop up
keyboard, e.g. CapsLock-I is read current line and CapsLock-O is read
next line.

This isn't laptop specific. You can do it on a full 104 if you want to
save your shoulder. I'm trying to do this more and more because my
shoulder is showing signs of repetitive stress after 20 years of
computing. I've even looked around for a keyboard with a left-handed
numeric keypad because of that, but the pop up screen review is smarter.

What I have been meaning to ask Kirk and the others who work on coding
these things is how hard or easy it might be to provide a means to flip
the qwerty definitions. For example, to split bilaterally down the
qwerty between g and h so that CapsLock (or left alt or some such) plus
E becomes current line.