Linux and data storage?

Karen Lewellen klewellen at shellworld.net
Tue Sep 28 07:04:15 EDT 2004

Thanks Chuck,
I wold rather run the risk of an act of God, than the risk of poorly
compressed data.
As I have stated clearly, I am not as of yet a true Linux user save for my
shell experiences.  i do, however, know that the people running my site's
server have not installed everything nor everything correctly. i do not
want a compressed file i cannot decompress later.
Also, When I want the data transfered to my own system, I can compress at
that point.  I would know what decompression tools I have on my end
at least, once I have a Linux system of some kind.
Karen