Linux and data storage?

Chuck Hallenbeck chuckh at sent.com
Mon Sep 27 20:23:18 EDT 2004

Karen,

The choice of whether to compress or not is your choice, of course, but
you should know that the risk you are worried about is virtually
non-existent in most Linux users view. There is another downside to
transferring your data without compression. You will be transferring two
or three times as much data as you would if compressed, it will
therefore take two or three times as long, and will be two or three
times more likely to be encounter transmission errors, system
interruptions, and other acts of God. Those risks are small too, nearly
as small as compression/decompression failures. But the choice is yours,
and either way it will work.

Chuck

non-

The Moon is Full