Getting More on the Screen

Gene Collins collins at gene3.ait.iastate.edu
Mon Sep 20 12:41:37 EDT 2004

Hi Steve.  The reason your settings are being overridden is probably due
to the fact that you have a frame buffer driver installed.  This
defaults to 80x25.  You may be able to use fbset to change the size of
the screen.  If you don't have a frame buffer driver compiled into the
kernel, then check to see if you have SuperVgaTextMode installed.  This
defaults to 80x25 at boot up.

Hope this helps.

Gene