Bug with Speakup and Dectalk

Hart Larry chime at hubert-humphrey.com
Tue Sep 14 09:31:40 EDT 2004

Well, Kirk-and-All, the appostrafee has never worked correctly in processing
words in the 11 months I've been running Linux.
Some other outstanding concerns, if numbers-and-letters are mixed, they are
spelled, so if I were to write speakup4you my decpc will say s p e a k u p 4u.
Also, and this may be a dectalkism but if there are 2 consecutive punctuations
after a word, I think it also spells it out?
While reading with l y n x  if I use a tab key, it will sometimes read the sameword many times over-and-over-and-over.
Also, if there are 2 consecutive dashes  it says semi :
I didn't notice many of these items useing dectalk with Vocal-eyes or Jaws.
Thanks
Hart