Getting Apollo II to work

Ernst-Dieter Wedekind edwedekind at t-online.de
Mon Sep 13 15:39:21 EDT 2004

Hi Kirk, I didn't put it very clearly: I compiled Apollo as a normal synth
and softsynth as a module as there was no other choice for this. The only
messages I found concerning Speakup were that Speakup V.2.00 or something
was initialized and that /dev/synth with nodes MAJOR 10 and MINOR 25 were
initialized. I didn't find anything about probing for synths. When the
bootdisk was ready I entered the parameters "mount root=/dev/hda3 ro
speakup_synth=apolo" and got, as I already mentioned, no speech output.

Ernst