Getting Apollo II to work

Ernst-Dieter Wedekind edwedekind at t-online.de
Sun Sep 12 15:31:48 EDT 2004

Hi Kirk and folks, I hope You still remember this subject because I was
busy last week and found no time to pursue it.
I did what You suggested; I downloaded a clean kernel from ftp.kernel.org,
compiled it and all went well, made a boot disk and got no speech output
from my Apollo II Synth. I didn't find anything strange in
/var/log/messages besides that Speakup was mentioned as being installed
which had not happened with kernel 2.4.22, this was 2.4.26. I forgot to
mention that I compiled with leaving only Apollo II and softsynth as a
module in and everything else out. I also forgot to mention that I
compiled with CVS.
Has anyone got an idea what I can try next? Many thanks in advance.
Regards Ernst