OT: Talx and cell phone

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Sat Oct 30 10:24:32 EDT 2004

You are certainly entitled to an accessible phone by law and FCC
regulations. However, it's the company's option which model it provides
from among the several which could fill the bill for talking interfaces.
There are currently three such candidates for GSM networks, which both
Cingular and T-Mobile use.

I would strongly encourage you to pursue this with T-Mobile. The most
important thing you can do is to ask for a phone that meets your needs
and document who you talk to, what they tell you, and include date, time
and place in your notes. If you do not get satisfaction, the next step
becomes a complaint to the FCC.

I will be happy to help you, so feel free to write me off list.

I recommend you look at the following:

http://www.afb.org/section255.asp