batch file?

John McCann lists at jamsite.us
Mon Oct 11 16:06:22 EDT 2004

Hi Butch:

Well, I can't believe I'm going to do this as I am an *extremely embrionic
linux user (three weeks or so), but here goes.

What you have to do is put an alias into your .bashrc file. Your .bashrc
(note the period) file is in your home directory:

/home/butch (if you used Butch as your user name)

You put this line in the file, where "x" represents the character string you
want to use to execute the command:

alias x='/home/irlp/scripts/backup_for_reinstall'

The apostrophes were indicated in the linux "on line" tutorial I consulted,
so I'm sure what appears after the = must be in either single or double
quotes.

Hope this helps!

Best 73's!

John