batch file?

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Mon Oct 11 15:50:23 EDT 2004

They're called scripts in this environment, not batch files.

You need to get some of the standard references for the shell to learn
how to script for it. Please note I've been very careful not to name a
shell--because it happens there are several. Most likely, though, you're
using the bash shell. So look at http://www.tldp.org for HOWTO documents
about programming the bash shell.