locking up

Butch Bussen butchb at shellworld.net
Wed Oct 6 16:06:43 EDT 2004

Actually, I plan on installing a Linux box just to run on its own, but
this one is operational, and I'm afraid to mess with it for fear of
breaking something that is working.  f y i, i r l p is internet radio
linking project and is used by ham radio people to tie repeater systems
and so forth together via the internet.  All of the supporting software is
done in Linux.  Some of it, as I understand, is specialized code.
Actually, I picked up a cheap computer at Fries last week end.  It has
some offbrand of a gui Linux on it I've never heard of, so plan on blowing
all that away and installing fedora or possibly slackware.  I looked
around slackware's page and didn't really see anything about speech.

Anyhow, that is where I am at the moment.
73s
Butch Bussen
wa0vjr