several things I don't understand and need for Speakup-HOWTO

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Sun Oct 3 07:59:59 EDT 2004

Don't we actually have a better path for controlling all these via the
Insert+[some-key] feature in Speakup?

And, come to think of it, that feature needs a name. Does it have one
and I just forgot? It's quite the nice help facility, and I use it all
the time to adjust a few things like pitch and speed. But, I also see
there are a lot more control functions than I know there. For example,
I'm just beginning to explore the Insert+{function-key} features, as in
Insert+F5, just to come back to the punctuation thing.