several things I don't understand and need for Speakup-HOWTO

Chuck Hallenbeck chuckh at sent.com
Sat Oct 2 19:09:46 EDT 2004

Thomas,

Most of those are a mystery to me too, except for punct. That variable
in the dtlk/ltlk drivers is used to set the hardware synth's
"punctuation level", which among other things, determines if a string of
digits is pronounced digit by digit, or spoken as a single number: 123
could be "one two three" or "one hundred twenty three". The default of
"7" can be changed to "15" to change this behavior.

Chuck

--
The Moon is Waning Gibbous (81% of Full)
Home page at http://www.mhcable.com/~chuckh